So we saw a lot of our friends this weekend - but the girls are still recovering, since we were out late Friday night ("Happy Friday" with our neighborhood friends) and Saturday night with the Graefes. Whew! For being on Spring Break, we sure are busy!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
Softball Game #3
So Saturday was Picture Day...
I'm showing you this picture, because this will be the "better" picture. What happened to the other one? Well... I'll admit that we didn't wash Mika's uniform because there wasn't much time between games. We thought it was clean enough - but discovered a green grass stain on her leg the morning of the picture. S. ran out to the store and got her a (better) pair. As we were changing her (RIGHT before the pictures took place), she started bawling! So, in the professional shot, she IS smiling - but her eyes are all swollen and in all honesty... she looks a little scary! I'm going to dread getting those back... but on the bright side - she was all chipper and back to normal for the team picture!
Mika gets better every game. She still cries when she gets tagged out (I guess it's good NOT to want to be tagged out!) but she is "getting" other concepts. And look at her run! Everything else is a blur!
Some of our friends were nice enough to come and see Mika play. I had a better picture, but "somebody" was doing some a little odd, so we won't be showing that one...
It was a busy day! Afterwards, we had a video call with my big brother K. - this was the first time we got to see "the twins" (Aya and Arisa) live! They are extraordinarily cute! Mika and Marika hadn't seen Mirei since last May, too, so that was fun. I'm looking forward to calling them more often. We already bug Grandma with video calls every other day or so...
And last but not least, we spent an enjoyable evening with H., B., C., and S. (Boy, this is a real pain to use intials, but they say it's good to do so for security). Why are each of the kids at a pole? We have no idea. They were eating their desserts outside (Push Pops! Hadn't seen those in years!) and gave themselves "stations", I guess.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment