Tuesday, March 24, 2009

And today is...


Supplies: cardstock (Bazzill), diecuts and sentiment (Quickutz), rhinestones (EK Success), pop dots, ink, embossing powder

Marika turns 4 years old today! Hard to believe that four years ago, I was crumpled on the floor with S. grumpily wondering if I was really in labor - and if he should take me to the hospital or go to work. *Humph!* Lucky for us, he made the right decision! Grandma is here to help celebrate - we'll be taking Marika out to Chick-Fil-A for her birthday dinner (hopefully the cow will be there!) and then Cold Stone for ice cream afterwards...

I'd like to think that this was an omen of good luck for Marika, my fellow bug-lover in the house. This tiger moth was hanging out by our front door this morning... isn't it beautiful?

Mika had another game yesterday (#4). She played catcher again and had some good hits. We also realized that Marika has many similarities with me - both good and annoying, I suppose! There she is, climbing the chain-link fence like I used to... (my skill in this area was good, as I remember being the designated "soccer ball-fetcher" for my older brothers)...

The best part of yesterday's game was seeing Mika improve some more. Every game, she gets a little bit better. In the last game, she made her first OUT! I was so proud of her! She grabbed the ball and ran to first to get the batter out. I mean, how cool is that?! Yah, Mika! She looked both stunned and happy that it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment