Today was "Opening Day" for Mika's softball league. Her first game isn't for another week, but there was a lot of hooplah today - the teams just got their uniforms a couple of days ago - so everybody got dressed up in their team finery and met at the ballpark for a long ceremony. WOW, there sure were a lot of kids. There are different levels (based on age) within the league, so there were at least 3-4 other teams with the same uniform - they were just bigger or smaller!

Because S. had to leave for work early (and is stuck there until 10 pm), I took the girls to the ballpark EARLY because I hate to parallel park. I suppose I could, if pushed, but I don't want to risk hitting someone else's car... oh, could you just imagine the utter humiliation?! So we parked way far away in a perfect spot, so when it was time to leave - we just zipped outta there. Yah!

But because we were there early, the girls had to occupy themselves... I liked this picture of Mika because you can read the writing on the ball...
.JPG)
I only brought one chair (for Marika) because I wouldn't be able to survive the morning if I had to carry her and a bunch of other stuff. As things turned out, the girls had so much fun playing with the chair - that they broke it. *sniff, sniff*
So more softball pictures next Saturday! Woohoo!
No comments:
Post a Comment