Sunday, March 22, 2009

8 years and 2 kids later...

I'm a bit sore today, but the real test will be tomorrow! Yup, after 8 years of not playing soccer, I miraculously found somebody recruiting for a 30-and over women's soccer league. I was especially thrilled, because in all honesty - I thought I'd never play soccer ever again (especially with Sonny playing baseball (his great love) on Sundays).

But what great luck - during my first game today, we were pelted by ice-cold rain. Brrrr! I'd played in snow before but this was truly miserable! To make matters worse, my team had JUST enough players to play without forfeiting (n = 7) (and no goalie!) while the other team seemed to have the full complement. So, as you might have guessed, we were doomed from the start. The teams called it quits after one-half. So that amounted to 40 minutes of running around, willing my body to run faster, turn faster, kick the ball harder... to little avail. The kids had fun playing in a tent with their new friends but our EZ-up canopy did break (second one down!).

Man, I need to get more exercise! I originally told the team captain that I expected it would take me 3 weeks to get back into top form. Now, I'm a little worried! I'm about 10 pounds heavier than when I last played and 8 years older - can the human body bounce back? Or am I being delusional???

Only time will tell...

And in other exciting news... Miss Mika has lost her 3rd tooth! Where is the gap, you ask? It WAS where you see that spacing on the left side of her mouth. Apparently, the new tooth was already coming in or something. That has happened with her other teeth too, so we say she is like a shark... heh heh...

Wonder what the tooth fairy will bring for her...

No comments:

Post a Comment