Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Like historical fiction?

Awhile back, I mentioned the books of Conn Iggulden - he's written a series on Julius Caesar and another on Genghis Khan. I love historical fiction and I really enjoyed his books. I mention all of this because the fourth book in his Genghis Khan series is available today (Khan: Empire of Silver) and while I was at BN.com to buy it, noticed that they had dropped the price of his first Genghis book (Genghis: Birth of an Empire) - in BN ebook form - to $0.76! Seventy-six cents! What a bargain! If you don't have a Nook (we don't), you can simply download their free E-reader software and read B&N ebooks on your handy dandy computer (like me) or on your fancy schmancy phone (like DaddyDude).

Unfortunately, you can't use coupons on ebooks. However, that 5% off coupon I posted awhile ago is really good - turns out you can take 5% off your entire order. B&N has a holiday sale going on right now (last year, it lasted about a month, I think) and you can snap up books for $1.99 and up. While I cannot buy books at full retail unless they're new releases, I'm totally a sucker for discounted books. =P

Happy shopping and happy reading! =)

P.S. I finished The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks a few days ago (borrowed it from the local library) and it was wonderful! If you like non-fiction and the personal spin on a science story, then this book is for you. There's a lot about the tissue collection debate (who does it belong to, once it leaves your body?) and the personal story behind Henrietta Lacks and what happened to her family afterwards.

Tidbits -
1. Scrapmart is having a sale on Quickutz dies - today only! They don't have a huge (or up-to-date) selection, but what they have is 50% off (and I believe it's free shipping on QK dies).
2. Printable Michaels coupons - 50% off one regular price item (expires 1/1/11), 25% off entire regular price purchase (1/1/11 only) and 15% off entire regular-price purchase (expires 12/31/10). Here are some other printable coupons here.
3. Downloadable idea sheet from Pink Paislee here. And in case you didn't get this earlier, here's a link to download their retro Santa tag.
4. If you are looking for crafting books, check out MyCraftivityStore. You can use the promo code NICE10 for 15% off your purchase (expires 1/6/11) - they offer free shipping over $25.

No comments:

Post a Comment