Friday, December 24, 2010

Happy Christmas Eve!

I had to get a picture of the mountains to the east and west of us. There's Mount Baldy (left picture) and Mount San Gorgonio (we think) on the right. Mount Baldy looked pretty darn spectacular with the sunrise but alas, I don't go running with a camera. =P I think the snowline is at about 7000 (as of the last storm). The next storm is coming Saturday night - it's supposed to blow by pretty quickly but still have heavy rain. The news is still filled with storm damage updates... it's pretty amazing that some of the worst damage occurred only a few miles away from us. Location, location, location...

I meant to post a picture earlier, but here is Holly's Christmas craft gift to us. Isn't it amazing? And look - it lights up! We have a particular fondness for snowmen... but after some bad people kidnapped two snowmen off our lawn about 4 years ago, we haven't been able to bear buying any outdoor snowmen decor (it was too sad). So, at last, we have an indoor lit snowman to enjoy. =) Thanks, Holly! (oh, and to all of your helpers!)

Tonight, the girls and I had our last Christmas crafts hurrah - reindeer ornaments for the tree! We saw this idea in a couple of crafts magazines and liked the simplicity of it all. We bought the plastic candy canes at Dollar Tree (one of the girls' most favorite stores) and got the rest of the knick knacks at Joann's. We finally also bought tree toppers for the girls' miniature Christmas trees (they each got their own to decorate this year), and made hooks for their remaining ornaments.

And now - we are officially totally ready for Christmas tomorrow! The stockings are stuffed and all of the presents are wrapped! Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment