We were at our friend Holly's house the other night and I was quite enamored with her Christmas landscape. I just love seeing these kinds of decorations, but we have nowhere to display any such items, much less store them - s0 I'll just enjoy hers! So cute!

The rain finally stopped today, so the girls and I went to the library. Yes, I had to get a copy of "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" to read. The library had their famous ornament tree up, so the girls played their game and filled out their answers - they had to name at least 10 book character ornaments.

It seems innocent enough, but if you know me, you know I try to make every opportunity into an educational one, if possible. They had to write their own answers and correctly spell everything (if possible). Mean mama, right? I told Marika to stop at 12 answers (in case a couple were incorrect) but she insisted - since Mika filled out 20 answers - that SHE had to as well. It must have taken her an hour to finish the game but luckily, both Mika and I could read while she worked. They got to pick out a prize after they were done and Marika said yes, it was worth all of her effort. So, there! =)
By the way, my ankle's okay - although, it hurts if it goes anywhere but straight so I figured as long as I didn't fall off of a curb, I'd be okay running. I ran 10 miles this morning - woohoo! (I have to cram in extra miles for the days I lost to the rain).
No comments:
Post a Comment