Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Book recommendations, anyone?

Of course I have tons of books to read, but I'm always on the lookout for a good read. If you have any recommendations, please share! I just learned about a book called "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks" and have put it on my list of books to order. Those of you familiar with medical readings will recognize "HeLa" cells - well, those are HER cells. It appears to be a book covering several major issues (ethical, political, racial, etc.) - I'm intrigued!

Speaking of book recommendations, I recommended "The Help" (by Kathryn Stockett) a few months back. Did you hear that they're making it into a movie??? I look forward to seeing the final product.

As a sidenote, did I ever mention that Aaron Brothers has stepped up their inventory of scrapbooking supplies? Ours now has quite a lot of 7Gypsies, Tim Holtz, and the Vintage Findings line by Making Memories. If you live near one, grab a 40-50% off coupon and go check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment