Wednesday, December 22, 2010

The crazy things rain can make you do...

I think we're getting a little stir-crazy over here. There has been almost constant rain since Saturday! Today, there was actually a little break in the weather, so I took off running (I missed Sun, Mon and Tues) and felt great. Since DaddyDude had to go to work, I took the girls with me (they rode scooters) for my final two miles.

We were less than 0.5 mile from home when I tripped over Marika and her scooter and went flying (extremely ungracefully) onto the ground. Yup, I managed to do so something painful to my left ankle, so after grumbling and resting for a few minutes, I managed to shakily run home with the girls. I put Tiger Balm on it and wrapped it up so we'll see how it goes. I think we all KNOW I'm going to try running on it tomorrow, if it's not raining. Yes, there gets a point at which you become addicted to exercise - and yes, I do think it's worth it for the end result. =)

See all those buckets? The girls lined those up to catch the rain. Never mind that it's pouring (again) and I hear some thunder! Oh, and see how our yard is already flooding? I really don't want to know what they do with that water tomorrow... as long as they don't ingest it, I think we're okay...

Tidbit: more B&N printable coupons here!

2 comments:

  1. Our rain started on Thursday and I'm afraid the streets are going to float away.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't the impact of the rain just unimaginable? Did you see the news footage of the damage all over the Southland? Some of the hotspots were only a few miles away from us - I couldn't believe it! Stay dry!

    ReplyDelete