Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy New Year!

Welcome, 2012!

As things turned out, Miss Mika passed out before the ball dropped, but Marika persevered. Both girls bounded awake early, anxious to eat our so-called "traditional" Japanese New Year morning meal, ozoni.

Remember those rice cakes (mochi) I made last week? This was their big debut! Marika helped DaddyDude broil them (to make them puff out) before we put them into the soup. DaddyDude says he is not a big fan of ozoni, but every year, he puts away several mochi and a few bowls of soup. I try to make the soup extra hearty for him, hence some vegetables appear that shouldn't be there. :) This year, Marika ate three mochi! Next year, I better put more into the soup pot... :)
Making the ozoni totally wiped me out, though. Recovery feels negative today, as I had to lay down for a few hours afterwards and am now fighting off a fever. Does my new ACL hate me? Perhaps... so no trucking around the neighborhood today, but maybe tomorrow...
Happy New Year, everybody!!! Hope it's a great year in all ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment