Tuesday, January 3, 2012
Going, going, gone! Oh, my!
One minute, the other front tooth was hanging by a thread (ew!) and then a few minutes later, she'd worked it loose and out it came! I've always thought kids who had no front teeth looked pretty strange and now I'm the mother of one. Hmmm... wow, the tooth fairy sure has been visiting here an awful lot...
I'm feeling pretty good otherwise, 6 days post-op - the girls went around the neighborhood twice with me again today. Yesterday was really slow (31 min/mile - a minute longer than it took me with my fat knee on the first walk) but today, I got it down to 27 min/mi and then 23 min/mi. Woohoo! I'm trying to build strength so I can shake off the crutches - which means I'll walk slower but hey, more muscle-building. The less activity, the more atrophy. I can't focus on speed, but strength - have to be super careful not to break the new ACL. It's so weird to think I ran 6 miles around the neighborhood a week ago and now I'm reduced to crutching around the neighborhood. Well, I'm 6 days closer to playing soccer again, I guess... gotta take things one day at a time... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment