As I've mentioned earlier, a good chunk of my day is spent rehabbing my knee (walking 5 miles, biking (on a trainer) for 50 min, and then doing a series of exercises at least 5 times a day, for multiple repetitions. I'm making that my priority, because once I stop, I know it will all be downhill from there on. I'm determined to make a full comeback and so, for my Cropchocolate Focus Group submission, I had Marika take a photo of me (in my brace) and made a layout.
Patterned papers (MME So Sophie - Clever), QK License Plate 4x8 alphabet, MME Stella & Rose Bits & Pieces, Distress Inks (Tim Holtz - Aged Mahogany), MM crystal brads, QK flower die
Speaking of the focus group, our last challenge was to make something, inspired by a picture of spiraling stained glass. I had all these visions of heat embossing vellum and trying to mimic stained glass, but I have no idea where my vellum went! Plus, it's hard enough to get around the fun room (scrapping area) right now, so I just worked with what I could reach.
Pattterned papers (MME - Blink of an Eye), Basic Grey Tree Hugger stamp, bling brad (MME Lush - orange), Stickles (crystal), embossing powder (AC Zing! - opaque white), black cardstock
So, yes - I'm resolved. My New Year's resolutions are to rehab my knee (making a full comeback) and to make time to do creative items, especially sewing. I think the girls really need more dresses (I think I do, too!) so I might as well start creating space in my linen closet by clearing out some fabric (by using it). Right now, though... I'm totally exhausted. I had one heck of a PT appointment, where my knee was bent beyond what I was comfortable with (you know, I just wanted to scream, "OWWWW!"). I need to work on this, because although my knee is flexing well from "normal" angles, when I'm on my tummy trying to bend it back (see above), well... it's not going back too far. I started going this Monday (100-degrees) and today, I was only up to 110-degrees. Yup, folks, that's as far back as my right knee goes right now...
Oh, I have ONE more resolution - to take a photo every day. I read about this in my Scrapbooks Etc. magazine - supposedly, you can end up with some interesting layouts based on a week, month, or year at a time. It's only the 20th of January, though, and I've already missed one day (yesterday) and it's difficult to take an "interesting" picture. Today, though, I have the picture above. What's that around Snowball's belly, you ask? It's a harness leash for small animals. Shouldn't it go over her chest? Why yes, it should - but Marika says it won't stay (I had custom-fit this for chunky Daisy a long time ago). So, here's Snowball being "walked" while on a belly band. :) I don't know about you, but Snowball looks less than thrilled...





I love the "Come Back Strong" layout -- and I know you will! :)
ReplyDeleteAbout your picture-a-day -- when I was living in Kyoto on my way to the bus stop was a little rice paddy. Every Monday morning I took a picture of the paddy from the same spot, and got the whole year's worth of changes. If you're stuck for ideas, maybe you could pick a spot like that? I meant to do a whole album around those pictures and still haven't done it... sigh.