Saturday, December 31, 2011
Out with the old...
It's almost time to say good-bye to 2011! This is the one day of the year that the girls are allowed to stay up until midnight. They have been talking about watching the ball drop in NYC for several days now...
Have you made your resolutions yet? ;)
It was a beautiful day today, so we went walking around Cabazon (an outdoor outlet mall). I was feeling so much better today (for the first time in 2 days, I slept in my own bed with my leg NOT elevated) and wanted to get some exercise. I think I did pretty well, but I did poop myself out (my leg's tired and my armpits hurt!). I met another lady on crutches and chatted briefly with her - she was in a bit worse shape, having torn her ACL, meniscus AND her MCL (a ligament that's typically hard to tear, unless there's been some major impact). She was encouraging, though, and said I was doing pretty well if it was only 3-days post-op for me.
Tomorrow, I'm going to try and crutch around the neighborhood a couple of times. I heal faster with exercise and it makes me feel like I'm doing something to get better. PT exercises were much less painful today and I was able to flex my leg 90-degrees. Yay! :) I was also able to help make dinner tonight and wash some dishes, while puttering slowly around the kitchen without crutches. The scariest time was trying to shower without the brace - it makes you realize exactly how secure you feel with it on, and how terrifying (and easy) it would be to fall and rip the ACL again... gosh, would I be willing to go through the surgery again? I don't know...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment