Monday, December 19, 2011

December CC Challenge - Goin' "Old School"

The girls are on Christmas break - whew! Poor Marika, though... she came down with some stomach flu on Saturday night. She didn't eat anything from Saturday afternoon until this morning and she was just a limp noodle on the floor. She seems to be on the road to recovery and (*knock on wood*) so far, no one else is showing signs of coming down with it. I'm holding my breath, because I need to be healthy in order for the knee surgery to progress... (orthopedist appt on Thursday morning!). I can't wait... my left knee is giving me a lot of pain now... probably just to compensate for the right knee. I need to get my knee fixed up ASAP, or I won't be able to walk after surgery!

This month, the Cropchocolate.com challenge was to use some "old school" products to create something. After much hemming and hawing, I finally decided not to use the Architexture embellishments, but to use some old Scrap Pl8s. Remember those? I still have quite a few and each one with a layout in mind... :) [Layout based on an old Becky Fleck sketch from January 2006].


Patterned paper (My Mind's Eye - Jack & Jill), cardstock (Echo Park - Little Boy), journaling spot (MME - Jack & Jill), diecut letters (Quickutz License Plate), Scrap Pl8s (Sticker Studio), twine (My Mine's Eye - Lime Twist), rhinestones (Making Memories Paper Reverie Gems & Brads - Noir), ink (American Crafts precision pen - black) and tools (Fiskars border punch, Marvy-Uchida corner rounder punch)

A couple of weeks ago, we took the girls to Chuck E. Cheese as a promised reward for reaching their next reading levels. Marika's currently enjoying the Beverly Cleary books while Mika has been on a tear reading every Roald Dahl book we own (and FINALLY reading "Encyclopedia Brown" - 2 years after I told her she should try them out!). Now, I just need to get her to start reading the Little House on the Prairie books... :)
They had a great time at Chuck E. Cheese - it felt like forever, but I suppose we were only there for an hour! I was really impressed by this sketch machine they had... and it only took 4 tries to get the girls positioned somewhat properly!

2 comments:

  1. I was like, what the heck are Scrap Pl8s??! I never heard of them! But I think I have a couple in my stash, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You weren't the only one to say they hadn't heard of Scrap Pl8s! It made me feel like... an old scrapper! :)

    ReplyDelete