Friday, June 7, 2013

Challenge Friday at 3MG

I'm here again to present another wonderful sketch from 2 Broke Girls Challenge Blog.
I love their sketches! You can join in their month challenges at the 2BG forum (you'll have to register before you can join in, but it's all free!) - and don't forget to check out my {Cookie Cutter Challenge}, which challenges you to fussy cut! You can see my sample layout at this blog post.
 
 
And here's my take on it...
 

Patterned papers (Trinity Paper Arts "Making the Team"), Thickers (AC), epoxy stickers (Colorbok), distress ink (Tim Holtz - walnut stain)

Since I'm trying to use up my stash, I decided to use a "vintage" piece on the layout - I had purchased a bunch of epoxy stickers a few years ago on Ebay, when they were the rage.
 
 

Cardstock & kraft (Bazzill), felt border (Queen & Co), chipboard (misc), bling (MME "Dear Santa"), distress ink (Tim Holtz - Festive Berries and Walnut stain), black ink (Memories, Inc)

Last but not least, it's Friday, which means it's time for Unity Stamp Company's weekly "Friends With Flair"! I used  stamps from the "We Treasure You" (the hearts) and a sentiment from "How YOU doin'?" sets. This week's submission was my entry for Cocoa Creations' Challenge #3 "Raspberry Dessert" - I'll also be entering it at Seize the Birthday, since I used their sketch. In the meantime, don't forget to check out the terrific garage sale at Unity!

23 comments:

  1. Miwa, the layout is Gorgeous!! Love that you are keeping up with the sketches. I still am not able to bring myself to scrapbook :D Your card is lovely - the hearts look fabulous with the swirls. Happy weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miwa, your card & layout are simply lovely!
    I love the hearts on the card & the fabulous color combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your projects but that card is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great projects, Miwa. Love the felt border on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fantastic layout and i love your cards with that beautiful flourish :)
    Thanks for joining us on Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card! Love the stamped hearts and the swirls! Wonderful CAS card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute hearts card. also love your scrapbooking page. i am still new to scrapbooking, but i am trying, it's easier for me with a layout/sketch to start with.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great Lo! I do like that sketch :) Your card is very pretty with the white and red against the kraft.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your LO, Miwa! Your kids are SO cute! And the flourish card is fabulous! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorrrgeos layout...adore the papers you used Miwa!
    Oh my giddy aunt your card is a beauty,the hearts are so special with the swirls and touch of bling...loooove it.
    Hope you are having a great weekend
    Big hugs
    Tracy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love both pieces, Miwa! Your creative juices are on a roll these days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Miwa!! Your layouts are totally rocking! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great take on the sketches! And good for you for shopping from your stash.

    ReplyDelete
  14. wonderful card, love the felt flourish & of course, the Unity stamps

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how you were inspired by the STB sketch...awesome flourish! Great layout too:) thanks for playing with us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  16. love this both the card and layout, you inspired me for the card challenge so thanks

    ReplyDelete
  17. These are both awesome! What a fun layout (epoxy stickers...I KNOW I have some still!!) and I totally lurve that great felty swirl!!

    (PS - did you know you have Word Verification turned on? This is Blogger's default setting.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I did not know I had it on. Hmmm... wonder if I can figure out how to turn it off... although maybe that explains why I've never gotten any spam comments... but thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
    2. Ok, I think I fixed it! Thanks again for letting me know - you're the first person to ever say anything about it! Thank you also, for your kind words. :)

      Delete
  18. Love the layout! And I really love the card!

    ReplyDelete