As July 1st rolls around, it's time to begin a new Cookie Cutter Challenge at 2 Broke Girls Challenge Blog! For this month, your challenge is to include 3-5 fussy cut flowers on your project. Post your projects under "The Cake Walk", under July Challenges. You'll find my Cookie Cutter thread there - and I'll look forward to seeing some of my Friends with Flair buddies there... right? ;)
Paintable papers (Prima Marketing, Inc), patterned papers (Lily Bee Designs, Echo Park "Life is Good"), white cardstock (Crafter's Companion), black cardstock (The Paper Co), Stickles, black ink (Memories, Inc.), Tim Holtz distress ink (Festive Berries), twine (Regency), colored markers (Spectrum Noir), black journaling pen (Sharpie), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)
Perhaps some of you are wondering why I titled this post, "A Labor of Love". How many of you remember these "Paintables" papers from Prima? I bought several sheets of it (okay, more than that!) but never used them until this project. It took me several days to brainstorm about this project, then at least a day to figure out which Prima sheets I wanted to use (I used two), and then at least 2 days to color all the parts. Whew! For those of you interested, here is what Amazon has to offer and here is what Prima Marketing still offers. Neither of the sheets I used appear to be available anymore.
Those of you who are Unity Stamp fans will recognize several sets:
1. Friends by Choice (title sentiment)
2. Total Cuteness (artisan gingham label)
3. A Little Buggy ("happy" sentiment)
4. "Love You, Sister" sentiment
6. {...Moment by Moment} [butterflies & "so very very beautiful"]
Hope you all have a wonderful week! I've got a week of studying for a soccer coach's clinic that I have to attend this weekend. No, I'm not coaching again, but Marika's travel soccer ball team needs someone who is "trained" to take over as coach, should neither of them be able to attend (i.e., stuck in traffic or ejected from the game). I would much rather do that than act as team manager. :) So yes, I'll report back next week on how fun it was to attend two 10-hour days of soccer clinic. They don't give me lunch (I had to pay $95 to register) but I am supposed to get a free Nike T-shirt. Hope it's cute! :P

Oh wow Miwa!!! Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteWow this is Beautiful!
ReplyDeleteThat's a lot pretty floral detail in there. Beautiful lo. :)
ReplyDeleteWow, I really love this layout! The papers and the stamps you used are so pretty and it has such a playful whimsical feel!
ReplyDeleteThis is BEAUTIFUL Miwa! Love all the details, the stamps, the flowers.. wow.
ReplyDeleteStunning layout Miwa...every single detail you have added!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh my I do hope the t-shirt is beautiful..pictures!!
Big hugs
Tracy
xxx
I have never seen that paper used before Miwa but what a fabulous and original layout you created with it! Totally wonderful!
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous layout!
ReplyDeleteSuper-adorable!
ReplyDeleteAwesome layout! The papers and stamps look fantastic together.
ReplyDeleteThis layout is sooooo cute! Great use of colors and wow all that work to color it!!! Good job!
ReplyDeleteHi Miwa! I LOVE your layout!! It looks so beautiful - love the colours, and most of all, the story about 2 siblings. Your girls look so sweet, and you have captured the moment so well. Great job!! Hope the nike tshirt looks great :)
ReplyDeleteNice layout. Very good inspiration.
ReplyDeleteTotally gorgeous, and you really poured the love into it!
ReplyDeleteYour layouts get better and better, Miwa! Great job!
ReplyDeleteWow, that *is* a labor of love! Fantastic job!
ReplyDelete