Friday, January 21, 2011

Taking in some sunshine again

I asked Marika if she would rather go to this new park (new only b/c we never went there, although it's only about 0.5 mile away from our house) or stay at the school playground with the other kids after school. Thankfully, she wanted to go to the park - I figure this gives both of us space away from the school playground "issues". Out of sight, out of mind, right?

One of the best things about "new" parks is their bright colors - it's easy to take photos and have them look great because of the eye-popping colors. Another reason we like this park is the big spaces around it (big enough to throw a ball or play a mini-game of softball with kids) and a sidewalk that loops all the way around it - so the kids can skate, scoot or bike safely. Marika has played here so hard that she got a blister (that popped) on her hand - there are at least two sets of monkeybars on this playground and at the rate she scales them, she's going to have some spectacular upper body strength!

Perhaps most therapeutic for me... I can sit in the sunshine and crochet my little flowers (practice makes perfect!). I used to take the time to soak up the sun while the kids were out of school but I'd forgotten all about that. Sometimes it's nice to sit and smell the roses (so to speak)... and slow down and enjoy life... and it's a nice view, isn't it? Mount Baldy (in the background) has tons of snow on it still.

Speaking of enjoying life... I really love how sweet my husband is! Last Sunday, he and the girls cooked up some fancy omelettes. We didn't have any deli meats, but I was impressed with his resourcefulness - he popped open a Lunchable and used the meat and cheeses inside - too funny! They were delicious omelettes, too! =)

And on a different note... I subscribe to a number of scrapbooking blogs, but this particular post caught my attention (in a big way!) this past week. Obviously, we scrappers would LOVE to have our own little scrap room (or shack, as some people do!) but most of us just dream about it. I ran a quick google search to see what other pretty pictures were out there and found this, this, and this link to a great variety of scrap rooms.

How's that for inspiration to clean up and re-organize our scrap spaces? =)

No comments:

Post a Comment