Sunday, January 23, 2011

My Everyday Valentine

I wasn't sure my last Chocolatier project was Valentine-ish enough, so I made another one. I took these pictures of Daddy Dude a long time ago, when we took our last trip together (before heading off to separate graduate schools). Everything is from Echo Park's "Be Mine" collection - both patterned papers and the cardstock they sell separately. This is also the first time I seriously tried to distress any edges and though I hadn't had much luck with Heidi Swapp's distressing tool, it definitely worked better on this thicker cardstock.

On a funny note, I showed the black-and-white photos to the girls and asked if they recognized the fellow. They knew it was their father, but couldn't guess his age. At first they thought he was a "little kid" and then amended it to being "a teenager" (Mika guessed 17 while Marika said 19). How old was he really? 24!

Look! It's "Sassy Girl" to the rescue!

It was a full moon last week and this is what the moon looked like when I finished my run last Friday. It would have looked "cooler" had a wispy cloud not come and passed over the moon, but oh, well... =)

4 comments:

  1. I usually think Valentine's layouts are too mushy, but I think your has just the right amount of sweetness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That layout came out awesome! Great use of those papers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww.. that is such a sweet V layout!! Love how subtle it looks :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your Valentines lo. Those Echo Park work really ell for guy pages!!

    ReplyDelete