Wednesday, January 19, 2011

February Crop Chocolate Challenge

As some of you know, I am one of the Chocolatiers for Cropchocolate.com. They've made some changes in their program such that now there are monthly challenges (instead of a free-for-all project on a quarterly basis). The February challenge was "Valentine's Day" - featuring Crop Chocolate product, of course! I tied this in with Sketch Inspiration's Sketch #203.


I chose to use my two packs of Love Struck patterned paper by Making Memories. You don't need to use ALL of both - but I ended up using two of the same sheets (each pack came with 5 different sheet and retailed for $1.10 or so).

I selected 3 different patterned sheets and cut them into 2.5" x 11" strips, laying each one down vertically (at this point, you'll notice that I rotated the sketch). For the paper with rings, I simply trimmed around one set of rings and cut within the circles so that they remained interlinked.

Next, I selected and trimmed three photos (all the same height - 4"), making sure to line up the two on the right.

I added about 10" of Queen & Co's diecut felt flourishes, along with my title, "I Do" (Quickutz License Plate alphabet - sold at Crop Chocolate for $10 - a real steal!). I also cut out one heart from another Love Struck patterned paper, matted it on white paper, and adhered it with foam pop dots for added dimension.

Last but not least, I added some computer-printed journaling. Voila! Nothing like a wedding layout completed 11 years + after the fact. =)

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! And I love how happy you look in the pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete