Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Wee Bit of Productivity...

The YSS Sketch contest closed today, so I had a last-minute spurt of activity last night. I did end up using "Butterfly Girl" as my layout entry, but made a card and tag as well.

Here's the sketch I chose for the card...

And here's my card. I absolutely adore those cute little bling butterflies that YSS sells. They're only $0.25 a pop, so I have a ton. Perhaps best of all, those little butterflies can be scanned! The bigger ones are gorgeous but pretty chunky...

This is the sketch for the tag I made...

And here's the tag. The mini pearl strand (stitched on) didn't scan very well, unfortunately. I also discovered that I don't have much purple in my stash. I didn't have any purple flowers to match! Oh, well...

In case you're interested, YSS announced a couple of new contests, with a deadline of September 15th - a summer-themed contest and a Christmas card contest. If I'm lucky, I'll actually have an Xmas card proto-type by the end of the contest! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment