Friday, August 27, 2010

Halloween is a-comin'...


Cardstock (DCWV, the Paper Company), diecuts (Quickutz), stamp (Stampendous), ink (Memories, Inc.)

Here's my take on Sketch Mania #8. I had a really tough time with this sketch... and ended up with something pretty simple - I didn't even feel comfortable using patterned paper, thinking things might look weird or too busy. So, I'm not very happy with the end result, but glad I came up with something! You have until next Wednesday to enter a submission in time for the drawing of the prize.

By the way, somebody else at Cropchocolate.com posted a tutorial on how to make Rolo teacher pencils. These are adorable! I think they'd make fabulous gifts for Teacher Appreciation Day...

Last but not least, BetterWorldBooks has a bargain bin where books are 5 for $15. From August 31st to September 8th, books with the bargain bin symbol will be 4/$10! How great is that? Did I mention that they offer free shipping? I've already got seven books in my cart! I order all the time from them at half.com - they have excellent customer service. Ooooh! And you can find them at Ebates and get 3% back!

2 comments:

  1. Miwa - it's great! you shouldn't feel bad about.. the spider web and spiders as the center are super creative! I love what everyone turns them into, thanks for playing again ♥!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this card! Miwa, you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete