The jook (rice porridge) cooked in the crockpot turned out really well. I popped everything in (I cooked the beef on the stove first, as I could have for the stove-top version), turned the setting on LOW and waited. It took about 6 hours before things began to visibly thicken (I admit, was panicking before that). I cooked it for a total of 8-8.5 hours. I actually liked the slow cooker version better because I didn't have to worry about thing burning.
Mika's back to a normal diet now. At least we know now, that she really likes pudding! I could do without reconstituted potato flakes, though. =)
A couple of weeks ago, I mentioned that I had purchased something from Kindred Creations, which is a deal-of-a-day kind of place. My order was shipped about 1 week after I checked out, and received about 3 days after that. I was quite pleased with my purchase and would shop there again.
Today was a whopper of a hot day. It was about 80-degrees around midnight and at 5:30 am (when I stepped out for my run) it was 76-degrees. Sheesh! I checked the temperatures throughout the day and the highest I saw was 108.5-degrees. Fortunately, tomorrow's high is only supposed to be 99 (woohoo!), followed by a weekend of 80-something degree weather. I cannot wait!
Unfortunately, we've been running the air-conditioner for over a week now... we tried to avoid it, but the second floor kept hitting 89-degrees. When the downstairs started to hit 83-85 (a few days ago), Daisy and Hissamina (and the darkling beetles, too) were all moved upstairs to enjoy the air-conditioning. You'd think they'd be grateful, but the guinea pig had been very crotchedy and ornery. She either dislikes the darker environment (obviously all the shutters are kept closed) or she's terribly lonely. A cranky guinea pig, however, does not attract any friends, especially when she nips them on the lip when they come to kiss her. *tsk, tsk*
Hope everybody is staying cool! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment