Everything is from Echo Park's Sweet Summertime collection pack, except for the red thread (Coats & Clark). We're looking forward to going to the LA fair again, within a couple of weeks. I sure hope it is cooler by then!In other news, we finally heard from Marika's AYSO coach today. Her team meeting will be on Monday - practice days to be decided on that day. I volunteered to make the team banner for Mika's team, so I figured I might as well do the same for Marika's (same concept, different design). I can't begin to do anything, however, until AYSO decides what our team colors are - but all banners must be displayed at the first game on September 11th. I look forward to breaking out my diecut machine and getting creative! My friend Dawn will be coming over to get crafty, too - she's making team banners as well. So, if anybody has any suggestions, please feel free to share! It'll have to be sturdy enough to withstand any possible Santa Ana winds...!
Mika's coach, incidentally, turned out to be someone I knew - he's one of the referees for my Sunday Yucaipa league. At that point, I knew I couldn't lie and say I didn't know how to play soccer, but at least somebody else volunteered to be Mika's assistant coach - I could have done it, but I don't think Marika would have liked it at all.
My Wednesday soccer league ended last week and I won't be returning to it. A couple of games ago, we had a late start time - 9 pm. There was a fist fight outside of the park (it's right next to a skate park) and the next thing we knew, a fire engine was rushing to the scene while a police helicopter roared overhead, shining its bright light. As you might have imagined, that was rather disturbing. No, the soccer park isn't in a good neighborhood and I can certainly do without the fear of getting mugged. At any rate, I also decided that I am much better at playing 7x7 than 6x6 (the strategy is completely different) - primarily because the field is too short for me to use my speed (that's my edge, not my ball skills or my mass). I got picked up for another 7x7 league for the fall and my other Sunday league starts up next month, so I look forward to playing LOTS of soccer. =)
I haven't gotten any Echo Park yet, but you're tempting me! I like the multiple photos and the flowers peeking over the edge.
ReplyDeleteEcho Park is good stuff! Cute and whimsical, but not over-the-top. Good for layouts and card-making. Hey, you don't call me an enabler for nothing! Crop Chocolate has it for 10% off or buy it at YSS for 20% off (with promo code) and earn some Stash Cash (points). There are plenty of Thickers on sale there, you know... )
ReplyDelete