Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Getting My Money's Worth

As many of you know, I love my Quickutz dies... =) I've been getting some good use out of them for non-scrapping projects...

Softball snacks for Mika's team and their younger siblings...

Mika's first grade project: they got the little sombrero and were told to design a project reflecting something they had learned in first grade. She'll be discussing plants and their needs as well as how insects and earthworms are beneficial. Aren't those diecuts cute? I cut them out and she pieced them together (no child in this house is going to be touching my Cuttlebug, especially after *somebody* broke my Sidekick machine - more on that in a few days).

I used some QK nesting dies for the gift label (see bag). According to the Internet, today is Teacher Appreciation Day. Apparently, not all schools celebrate it at the same time, though - but we are giving out our presents today. I made each teacher a craft organizer that fits into a coffee mug (Simplicity pattern #2450). Since we figured the teachers had plenty of their own supplies, we put in some homemade lollipops (Wilton melts). I couldn't whip them out within an hour like Holly did, but I was very pleased with the end product.

And here is an example of desert living! Isn't that just about the biggest tumbleweed you've ever seen?! Pesonally, I think tumbleweeds are really cool. I mean, seriously - what a neat way to disperse your seeds all over the place! (sorry, you just can't beat the biologist out of me!).

1 comment: