Thursday, April 29, 2010

Cranking 'em out...

If you read the blog yesterday, you'll know that it was a trying day. After all the hooplah, I decided to just work on the last two Friday sketches I had in the queue (I'll have a new Friday sketch to work on tomorrow). It turned out that 3 hours of uninterrupted scrapping (an almost unheard of luxury here) was very therapeutic.

So here is the Friday sketch from 4/23/10. I liked the simple one-photo sketch. You may recognize this photo from this past February, when Mika attended her first dance.

Patterned paper (DCWV, I think), scalloped border strips (Bazzill), flowers (Maya Road), leaves (Prima Marketing), chipboard flourishes (Deluxe Designs), crackle paint (Tim Holtz), clear finish (Glossy Accents), ribbon (Offray), alphabet stickers (Pebbles, Inc.), sheer journaling block (Maya Road), rhinestones (Colorbok), marker (Sharpie)

While scrapping, I watched The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood. Have you read the book? I think it's quite good. There are actually three books in the series (Little Altars Everywhere, The Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood and Ya-Yas in Bloom). I've read the latter two and am currently reading the first. I also learned last week that she produced a fourth book last year, The Crowning Glory of Calla Lily Ponder - which arrived on my doorstep this afternoon. I just can't help myself - once I find an author whose work I enjoy, I try to read all of their books.

1 comment: