Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Halfway there... and I still have my hair intact...

Daddy Dude is out of town for a business this week. We are halfway through his absence and I'm relieved to say that I haven't ripped out any of my hair yet - nor has any child pilfered from the pantry (like last year) and stuffed empty wrappers under the furniture. At least, not that I'm aware of... =)

The poor guy, though - today is his birthday and he can't celebrate it the way he wants. We'll be celebrating Friday after he returns. In the meantime, honey - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

YSS has these great Friday sketch challenges that I've been trying to keep up with. This sketch was from April 9th and was created by Inspired Blueprints.

And here's my take on it...

Mika's come a long way this season - she's really turned into an excellent player with lots of potential. When she comes running into to grab a grounder and make an out... it's just so... beautiful! *sniff* =) Concepts are clicking in her brain and things are happening!

And it's official... both girls have been pre-registered for soccer this fall - to play for the first time ever! Next Saturday we'll stand in line to pay money and make sure they get onto a team. The girl seem excited, I'm glad I'll finally get some soccer pictures to scrapbook and perhaps best of all... we don't have to sell any chocolates! =)

1 comment:

  1. Happy Birthday to Mr. Miwa! And great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete