One of the girls' best friends had a birthday party today at the local minor league ballpark. The kids could participate in a baseball clinic before the game, led by the players themselves. As Mika is hitting the ball (right picture), the boys in the field in front of her are yelling, "Look out! She looks serious!"). She hit it all the way through them, to the last row of boys. That's our girl!
It was a great party - the group had an exclusive patio area, furnished with food and shade. The kids also got to play in the Fun Zone (jumpy house, batting practice, etc.) and their friend got face time on the stadium camera for his birthday. Bernie even stopped by for a group photo. Afterwards, the kids went down to the field to get player autographs. Who knows? Maybe one of these player signatures will be worth a lot of money in a few years. =)On a sidenote... I am running again! After a bike ride with Mika yesterday - and experiencing no pain whatsoever - I ran 3 miles. Not too shabby after 4 weeks off! I woke up feeling good (not sore at all) so I ran another 5 miles this morning. I can't run FAST yet (that does hurt), but I am so happy to be running again - the inactivity was driving me nuts. I should be back up to my usual 6 miles tomorrow - and we'll find out next Sunday if I'm able to sprint again or not. It'll be 5 weeks since our last game on that day. Wish me luck... =)
No comments:
Post a Comment