Monday, May 17, 2010

One Mother's Dream May Be Another Mother's Horror

Yesterday, the girls and I finally had time after my soccer game (a miserable defeat, I confess) to rush over to Daddy Dude's baseball game. There he is, leading off first base after hitting a single (his team, too, ultimately suffered another miserable defeat). I was kind of hoping he'd try to steal a base so I could get some good pictures, but alas... he did not do so... =P

The girls usually don't watch Daddy Dude very closely, although Mika is starting to pay attention to the finer details of baseball games. Here is my littlest one, rummaging through the grass for ladybugs. I know I'm one of the few, the lonely, the proud, but it makes me so happy to see her searching intently for insects. I'm so glad neither of my girls are "girly girls" and that they both enjoy playing outdoors for long stretches of time - you know, the way we used to when we were kids! After the game, the girls played outside with their pool - and new water launchers. Yeah!

But slowly but surely, the girls are growing up. As you can see, we allow them to exercise full fashion freedom (well, maybe 98%). Regardless of their attire, though, they never let it stop them from doing what they want.

No comments:

Post a Comment