Thursday, May 20, 2010

Recent layouts...

I know, I know... most of you out there aren't big guinea pig fans. Here's one of our favorites, though... a very talented fellow who used to climb out of his cage to join his next-door buddy, Simon.

Patterned paper: Basic Grey (Obscure), stamps (Stampendous), ink (Memories, inc.), letter stickers (Scenic Route)

It's actually very unusual for male guinea pigs to tolerate each other. J.J. ("Jumpin' Joe Fly") accidentally went into Leaper's cage one night and was ruthlessly attacked. I think Simon was too fat and slow to care... he just looked at us in the morning, as if to sigh, "well, he's here... again". It was amusing to see baby J.J. with big fat (obese) Simon.

Here are some YSS Friday sketches...

YSS Friday sketch of 5/7/10.

Patterned paper (DCWV), cardstock (the Paper Company), fall diecuts (DCWV), sailboat and title diecuts (Quickutz), frame (My Mind's Eye), stamp (Heidi Swapp), pan (Sakura)

And here's my take on it. I know, I know... it looks like a 6-year made it, or a throw-back to the 90's when scrapbooking first began. I took one look at the sketch and all I could think of were mountains! I kept wanting to re-do it (hence my late posting) but finally I acknowledged that that was NOT going to happen.

And here's last week's YSS Friday sketch. I really liked this one!

Patterned paper: KI Memories (Bloom), negative heart frame (American Crafts), metal embellishment (Making Memories), fabric tag (Making Memories), pen (Sakura), letter stickers (Scenic Route)

I thought this was a great chance to showcase the KI Memories "Bloom" collection paper pack I scored at Tuesday Morning last week. For those of you who don't know, Tuesday Morning is am amazing place to get scrapbooking deals - they have top-of-the-line products at great prices. (It's scrapperal's fault I go there, she's the one who told me all about it!)

By the way, in case anybody else is interested, YSS will be announcing their DT search this weekend. So be sure to check out their blog!

And while you're at the blog, you'll see that I won National Scrapbooking Day Challenge #3, for cleaning up my scrap space. Daddy Dude just laughed when he heard that. It'll be nice to get some freebies in the mail, since we just invoked another spending moratorium... *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment