Here's Mika's latest piece of artwork. I call this, "Girl". She drew another picture with a boy and a girl and told me, "This is when you and Daddy first met!" Isn't that sweet? I wonder where that picture went...
DaddyDude had to work this weekend, so it was a mellow weekend (with sports on Sunday, as usual). On Saturday, I took them to the local library for the monthly Crafts hour. The girls made three different projects, all based on an Aquarium/sea life theme. They made a fan, a jellyfish mobile, and a card. Mika got extra creative and made a paper rendition of "Baby" (the neighborhood horse). I would have included a picture of Marika, but she insisted on writing her entire name on her stuff (so I didn't want to post it online).What was even worse, was finding another dead baby bird the following day (and Monday morning as well - the last one was twice as big as the others, too). There must have been a nest in that part of the patio, but I've never noticed it. How very sad... I wonder if the parents thought something was wrong with them and pushed them out. They were so very tiny, I can't imagine the baby birds could move on their own very well at all. *sigh*
The girls felt better, giving the birds a nice bed of grass to lay on, and making their graves look nice with rocks. I never thought it necessary to shield our girls from the spector of death, since they'll have to deal with it in a couple of years when it's time for Daisy to pass on (where she'll be taken care of by Grandpa, who is now watching over a dog, 5 guinea pigs, and 2 cats!).
No comments:
Post a Comment