Wednesday, June 3, 2009

All good things must come to an end...

Once a week, I go in to Mika's classroom to help out in the afternoon. Usually, the routine is to help the kids paint and afterwards... listen to them read or set them up for computer quizzes.

Today was my last day as the Wednesday mom. Next Wednesday, the kids will be celebrating the end of the year with a huge water party (now THAT will be interesting!). It's been really interesting and fun to watch the kids over the time span of a year. Some kids were more delightful than others, but I can honestly say I've seen each and every one of them grow positively in at least one direction.

I was extremely fortunate that the teacher allowe me to volunteer with Marika. She also enjoyed her time in the classroom and knows each and every one of the kids by name. They were all very kind to her (which surprised me), for which I was very grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment