Friday, October 24, 2014

Friends With Flair - Post #42

Hello, friends! Time for another Friends with Flair post, hooking up with others at Unity Stamp Company's blog here. It's been a busy week for me, helping out at Marika's school book fair and purging over 400 books from our collection (no, that's not a typo), so I didn't have much time to craft.

I recently switched from being a SMAK member to a KOM member (with time being more scarce, it was easier to make cards instead of layouts) and decided to pull out the September KOM to play with. And oh, did I mention I love insects and I absolutely adore this dragonfly image???


I chose a sketch #368 from MojoMonday, but had to deviate slightly from the embellishment shape - I wanted to make a thank you card, simply because I believe it's impossible to have TOO MANY. What a great "thank you" sentiment and what an unusual orientation - so, I made it work.


The patterned papers are all from a previous Unity "thank you" gift (gotta love me some Authentique!) and, having finally refilled most of my Spectrum Noir markers, I was ready to color again. I might have gotten a little carried away with the Stickles and liquid pearls, but I thought the dragonfly deserved to look as magical as possible!

Thank you for visiting my blog and I hope you all have a chance to check out the latest sale at Unity - you can get $5 off a $20 order, how awesome is that? There are some wonderful new releases as well.

9 comments:

  1. This is lovely, Miwa. Great take on the sketch as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! The dragonfly is one of my favorites from this set.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this! That dragonfly is soooo pretty and I love the pops of pink. Just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card, I love the pink with the golden color!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card... love our color pallet

    ReplyDelete
  6. love it the stamp is perfect for you

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to say thank you! I love that pretty dragonfly and how you colored it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. beautiful card.. love the sentiment..
    -Berina
    Moxie Craftie

    ReplyDelete