Well, temperatures finally dipped down into the 80's for a couple of days, so it's starting to feel a little bit like fall here in southern California! Sheesh! Of course, one of the beauties of living here is that the kids have club sports all year round. Here's an action shot of Marika from her game last Sunday - one of her strengths is always hustling after the ball, even though she's smaller than average.
There was a technique I'd used several years back, that I wanted to revisit this week - the act of stamping on PearlEx pigment powders, to remove the image. I chose Ghosts, Goblins, Witches {Wit and Wisdom} and got crafty - and tried to see if I could pull it off.
I used an old sketch at Seize the Sketch (sketch #24)...
I used Pumpkin Orange from Series 3 of the PearlEx line. All you do is apply Versamark on the background paper, brush some pigment powder on, and then stamp (I used ink, but you're probably supposed to use Versamark - I can't remember!) to remove the powder and "make" your image. I also used some ancient Making Memories patterned paper and embellishments. Cropchocolate folks, you'll recognize it and probably have your own hoard, too!
So are you all getting geared up for Halloween? We're not! The kids have decided that they are done - not too bad, considering they are 9 and 11 years old. I guess they decided it was an awful lot of work for a bunch of candy they didn't want to eat. I have to admit - I was thrilled to hear this... no stressing over a costume this year!
Yeah, yeah, I know, I'm a party pooper... 10 years of Halloween is enough for me, though!
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend and a chance to get crafty - thanks for visiting! :)

Awesome Halloween card! Love the vellum crow, a ghostly effect! Which ever ink you are suppose to use, your's turned out great!
ReplyDeleteCool Halloween card!
ReplyDeleteLove how you framed the sentiment and the little bats are terrific!!! Great interpretation of the sketch!!
ReplyDelete<3 J
jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com
Love your halloween card Miwa....our boys are all grown up but Alex still loves carving a pumpkin, getting treats for the bairns that will come calling...he has a mask and scarey hands he answers the door with...lol..hes just a big kid my man! Temp here is 6...yep single figures here in Scotland...thermals are officialy on lol. xxxx
ReplyDeleteFantastic, and your crow looks super cool!
ReplyDeleteThat crow is awesome! Love the effect you created!
ReplyDeleteWe've got 27 degrees and fog here this morning. I've got 2 loads of clothes on the line, but I don't know what I think I'm going to accomplish. I'm hoping the sun will peak through the fog and dry them out at least a bit before I move them to the basement lines.
Congrats on being done with Halloween! Smart girls you're raising!
Great Layout... I love the energy TFS
ReplyDeleteVery spooky!
ReplyDeleteVery nice. Glad you shared.
ReplyDeleteAwesome card! The frame on the sentiment is a great idea!
ReplyDeleteCool card with a great bird ghost image! I love how you put this together!
ReplyDeleteThis is a great card! I love how you used the frame around part of the stamp to emphasize it!
ReplyDelete