Friday, October 3, 2014

Final heat wave??? FWF #39

Hi, folks! It's time for Friends with Flair on Friday. :) Things are getting busier over here, as sports and school become more demanding. Mika ran in her first cross country meet yesterday (for junior high, it's only 2 miles). I'm really proud of her, because she wanted to participate in the running club ALL ON HER OWN. She even listened to me yesterday, when I advised her not to sprint as fast she could in the very beginning - because that's what people tend to do when they get all excited (then everybody sprints as fast as they can and before the first mile, almost everybody wants to die). She started in the back of the pack, but worked her way up to finishing 12th. I was just happy that she ran steadily, didn't cry/whine/complain, and finished strong. :)




And the competition was good, too! We recognized so many friends from various soccer teams. One of her friends (boy) told his mother, "I kept waiting for people to walk... but they never did!"

So, it was a good day, even though it was about 98 degrees and they still held the meet. Yup, we're in the middle of another heat wave, with 100+ temperatures anticipated for the weekend. *sigh* Our watering schedules are already being controlled (odd-numbered addresses can only water on odd-numbered days) but they are threatening to ration water usage.


It's really no surprise then, that I felt inspired to use the Melt With You itty-bitty set (on sale this weekend for only $3!!!). Plus, I thought DaddyDude deserved to get a love note soon. :)

Please send your cooler weather over here and I'll try to send out some of our heat out to you. Thanks for visiting and I hope you all get a chance to shop at Unity and get crafty this weekend!
 

15 comments:

  1. What a fun, yummy card! This is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one adorable card, Miwa! Sending some chillies from PA.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card for Daddy Dude! We had snow here last night -- about an inch and a 1/2, but it has pretty much melted this morning.

    Congrats to your daughter on her first cross country meet! It is so hard for young runners to learn how to pace themselves. She'll do just fine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OMG, snow already?! Noooooo! I hope this coming winter isn't anything like last year's!

      Delete
  4. How CUTE this is, Miwa. Love the sports pic too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a sweet card! I'll happily trade a few degrees with you. Good for your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet card! Congrats to your daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable card and congrats to your daughter on a successful meet!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats to your daughter! The card is adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cute card and congrats to your daughter.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun pop of color on Kraft, Miwa.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card congrats to your daughter

    ReplyDelete