Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween! FWF #43

Woohoo, it's Friday - time for another FWF post and to say Happy Halloween to everybody! Unity is having a fabulous garage sale, so be sure to check it out - free stamps if you spend money!!! :)
 
As I mentioned a couple of weeks ago, my girls (9 and 11 years) decided that they were done trick or treating. It's been really busy since the beginning of the school year, so we have decided to hole up in our house and just spend some quality family time together (so, our house is dark). We did make a cute treat bag for the neighbor's adorable grandson who comes to visit next door. In return, his lovely grandma gave the girls a Halloween treat bag - which was definitely more than enough to brighten their Halloween day. I kept waiting for them to change their minds about going, but they didn't (or at least, they haven't, as of 4:30 pm).
 

I guess we're really done!  But, that didn't stop the older kid from dressing up - she competed as Batgirl in yesterday's cross country meet (she won first place for the girls' costume contest, but it really didn't mean very much, as only a few girls dressed up - half of those who did were dressed in their soccer uniform! Batgirl beat out Wonder Woman, but in the boys category, a hot dog won first place). She also dressed up as Batgirl at last night's choir performance (all the kids did - that was so fun to see) and (after laundering it, of course) she spent all day dressed up at school.

So, now I'm soliciting ideas for Mika's running costume next year - it has to be light (so it doesn't slow down her running) but cute. So far, Little Red Riding Hood is topping the list, but I'd love more ideas!

And since Halloween is on the brain, I made my final Halloween card for the year...


I borrowed sketch #98 from CAS(E) this sketch...


...along with some ancient Making Memories materials, try to showcase a Halloween image from the August 2014 KOM (Summer Collapsed Into Fall) with charcoal embossing powder.

Thanks for visiting - hope everyone has a Happy Halloween!

12 comments: