Friday, September 26, 2014

Friends With Flair #38

Yeah, it's Friday! Time for another Friends with Flair! You can check out all the yummy inspiration here. THEN you should go shopping at Unity, because promo code FB40 gets you 50% off all regular-priced stamps! How cool is that? Angela is celebrating having 40,000 FB fans! It's wonderful to see a small business growing and developing. :)

This week, I found two sketches that inspired me. The first is from Sketch N Scrap...

Who doesn't have tons of washi tape in their stash? What a great way to use some! I also broke out a stamp from the August grab bag...

Patterned paper (Authentique from Unity "free gift"), washi tape (Hambly, Michaels, and Pick Your Plums), chipboard (UmWowStudio)

For this sketch by Sweet Sunday Sketch Challenge, I thought about using washi tape again but decided to try a one-layer card (that was before I decided to use the sequins - but I'm allowed to be impulsive, aren't I?). So, with my trusty stamp-ma-jig, I used Fun With Four Inches and Gossip, Hot Flashes & Crazy on kraft. I usually like empty space, but thought there was too much on this card, so I added the sequins. Three obviously wasn't enough for me. :P

Kraft (Bazzill), sequins, distress ink (Tim Holtz), black ink (Memories, Inc.)

Thanks for visiting my blog! Hope you all have a wonderful (and hopefully crafty) weekend! :)

20 comments:

  1. Both sentiments are great, but the second is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. washi tape is fun and it goes a long way each roll - great quotes on your cards thanks for sharing

    Barb Housner

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your use of washi tape! I pinned the second sketch a while ago, I just haven't gotten around to trying it. Maybe this weekend! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What wonderfully fun cards! Love these sentiments! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the cards you made from these sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome sentiments for these cards. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love how you used the washi tape on your first card. I need to use mine more :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love that collection! Fantastic cards. Thank you for sharing with us at Sketch ~N~ Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What amazing friendship quotes and you did a great job incorporating one in with our sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Sketch N Scrap. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards! Thanks for joining us at Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Terrific job! Thanks for joining us over at Sketch 'N' Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card. Great quote and take. Thanks for playing along with us at
    Sketch N Scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Crazy friend is my favorite of the two sentiments, but both of your cards are just awesome, Miwa! Love stopping by to see what you've been up to!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great sentiment!! Thank you for joining us at sketch n scrap!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cards! Great take on the SNS sketch! Thanks for sharing with us!!

    ReplyDelete