Halloween is coming up soon, so when my Stamp of the Week arrived in the mail yesterday, I thought it was time to start thinking in terms of fall.
Now, I understand that some of you lucky folks are already enjoying beautiful autumn leaves... I really do miss that! But, you have to understand - out here in southern California, it's supposed to be 100 degrees this weekend! Sometimes at Christmas, it's an incredibly balmy 80-degrees, too. Weird! It's weird! But then again, it is awfully nice to be able to play outdoor sports year-round. :) The best softball recruits come from states like California, Texas, Florida, and Arizona - go figure!
Ah, but I digress! Of course I wanted to use a sketch - and the Unity-Be Inspired challenge is almost up! Be sure to get your entries in soon! You can check it out here...
I used some ancient Making Memories Halloween paper and glitter clear embellies, along with some of my very precious silver glitter paper (yes, more leftovers from the Cropchocolate.com days!). Unfortunately, I discovered that vellum really slips against such a rough surface, so the tilted image idea didn't work as well as I had wanted. :( Oh, well...
Thanks for stopping by my blog! I hope you all have a grand weekend and of course, don't forget to stop by Unity Stamp Co to shop for great stamps and fabulous deals!


You have created an awesome Halloween card. Hope you have a great weekend, also!
ReplyDeleteGreat Halloween card.
ReplyDeleteGorrrrrgrous Miwa...send some warmth and sunshine to Scotland pleeeease :-) xxxx
ReplyDeletehappy Halloween
ReplyDeleteThis is downright witchy-licious!
ReplyDeleteGreat card using this sketch-- like your choice of papers.
ReplyDeleteIt's a grand card, Miwa! I bet I still have some of that paper somewhere....
ReplyDeleteFun card! I'm glad to see some of the Crop Chocolate hoard being used :-D
ReplyDeleteI love your Halloween card!
ReplyDeleteBeth
Beth's Beauties
Good job!
ReplyDeleteI love that stamp and the papers you used! Fantastic card!
ReplyDeleteOMG I have that same MM paper and those acrylic/vellum embellies too! Talk about something I hoard lol! Great card, super cute. I'm loving that glitter paper :)
ReplyDeleteToo funny...I have this MM paper as well! It was a fabulous collection. Great Halloween card!
ReplyDeleteFun card, Miwa. It's super hot up north here too.....so ready for some cooler weather.
ReplyDeleteHow fun and festive this is. :)
ReplyDeleteGreat card! Love that stamp.
ReplyDeletevery nice Halloween card. boo! LOL. Really love this SOTW.
ReplyDeleteThat's a great take on the sketch and real fun Halloween card to boot! NJ!
ReplyDelete