For those of you who are suffering through cold weather already, here's a little bit of "warmth" for you. Earlier in the summer, I participated in a "Summer"-themed ATC swap amongst a CropChocolate offshoot FB group - my first ATC swap ever! We had to mail in our cards by September, but it wasn't until last weekend that we received a copy of everyone else's cards.
Here are the ATCs that I received... aren't they pretty? :)
And here's mine - of course, it should be no surprise that I used Unity stamps (Summertime in a Jar and Jars of Love x 3) or that I showcased insects! Unfortunately, I couldn't find any firefly stamps that I liked, so I had to hand-doodle all of them. Having grown up in Missouri, I sure do miss fireflies and cicadas - to me, they represent summertime. :) The yellow gelato did a good job of providing the "glow" of the fireflies.
Patterned paper (MME), kraft paper (The Paper Company), chipboard stars (UmWowStudio), stamps (Unity Stamp Co), ink (Memories, Inc.), distress ink (Tim Holtz - Walnut Stain), distress stain (Tim Holtz - Bronze), marker (Micron), yellow Gelato (Faber-Castell), Stickles, brads (Making Memories)
Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Don't forget to check out the incredible Brown Thursday sale at Unity Stamps - it's their biggest sale of the year and you can use 55THANKS to get 55% off all non-sale (stamp) items! How fun is that? Happy shopping! :) And if you are looking for inspiration, be sure to check out Unity's Friends with Flair Friday blog post!

I love "jar creations" this one is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteI spy my ATC there in the upper right corner! Aren't they fun? I'm guessing this is not your last ATC swap, my buggy friend? I got mine on Wednesday and I knew without looking at the back that the jar one HAD to be yours! I love those glowing fireflies, but I didn't realize until I read this post that you hand doodled all of them. Phew! Great job!
ReplyDeleteLovely ATC cards. They are all awesome.
ReplyDeleteBeeeautiful ATCs and your bumble jar is adoreable!!
ReplyDeleteBig hugs
Tracy
xoxo
OH... Love ATC's It's been a while since I participated in a SWAP. Love your ATC with the jar... :)
ReplyDeletehow fun! a summer atc swap... that is a great thing to be a part of! the fireflies are so cute
ReplyDelete-Rachel w k
rwkrafts.com
Fun card! Makes me remember childhood summers chasing fireflies.
ReplyDeleteoh so pretty! :)
ReplyDeleteMiwa, you are Amazing!! I LOVE your fireflies, and your ATC design. Great job!! What a great selection of ATCs you received too. So very fun and exciting, I bet, to receive so many cool designs. Have a fab weekend!!
ReplyDeleteAwesome ATC's Miwa. Love the idea of the yellow gelato for the firefly glow...it's perfect.
ReplyDeleteYou should share more about the Cocoa Creators. Sounds fun. Great project for it.
ReplyDeleteThe ATC is so adorable!!
ReplyDeleteFabulous atc! Love your little fireflies!
ReplyDelete