Friday, November 1, 2013

Happy Halloween - The Day After

Hello and happy Friday! I hope all of you enjoyed a fun Halloween yesterday - but I have to admit, I'm pretty relieved that it's over... this past week has been crazy!
 
 
Here are Mika and Marika - this year, their theme was "super heroes". I made everything except for the shirts - but I did create the Batman and Superman iron-on design for each (fusible interfacing!). Here's the link to "how to make a circle skirt" tutorial I used, too. Capes were cut by hand and hemmed and the Batman mask was made out of leftover pleather (I had to change the eye hole locations, though) from a Santa Claus outfit I made about 8 years ago. Good thing I hold onto fabric scraps! :)

Ever wonder, who would win, if Supergirl ever battled Batgirl? I have to say, the odds looked to be in Supergirl's favor... KAPOW!!! 

 
See, I told you Supergirl was pretty tough - she even took on an evil vampire!
 
 
I'm actually not a huge fan of Halloween, but I do enjoy walking around the neighborhood with the kids, visiting old neighbors and friends. It's a bit more fun when we dress up, too - and no, we don't ask for candy! - and how fun to get a family photo taken by our friend Brian! :) In case you couldn't guess, I'm a pirate girl! I swear, that skirt kept getting shorter and shorter over the evening! Yikes!
 
 
I wasn't sure if the neighbors were going to make goody bags for the kids, as they had for previous years, so I made some for their kids, and for other special schoolmates who might appear, just in case. Unity stamp fans will recognize these upcycled kraft envelopes and great stamp image!
 
 
Patterned paper (DCWV), kraft paper (Bazzill), white cardstock (Crafters' Companion), distress ink (Tim Holtz - Festive Berries),
marker (Spectrum Noir), stamps (Unity Stamp Co)
 
And because it's Friday, here's another for Friends With Flair! I hadn't planned on buying this penguin guy until I saw some card samples - he's a pretty big guy (this is an A2 card) and frankly, now I think he's pretty darn adorable! Unfortunately, he's no longer on sale, but you might want to keep an eye on him, so he can come & settle down with you. :) The background stamp is also from Unity - Hearts of Old.

So... how was your Halloween? It seemed to us that fewer people were giving out treats and fewer people were trick-or-treating. I wonder if it's because it was on a Thursday - if so, will things be totally crazy next year, when it's on a Friday?

Hope you all have a fabulous weekend! Don't forget to check out the newest sale at Unity, too! :)

6 comments: