Friday, November 29, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving & Friends With Flair

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday! Since the kids had a rare break with no sports practices or school, we drove down to San Diego for a mini-getaway. Funny how traveling from your house, even if it's only two hours away, can really give you a sense of "getting away".

We stayed at a hotel in the Gas Lamp district - it was an interesting place to walk around! San Diego is a nice city, but I miss my green grass - I guess I'm just a midwestern/suburban girl at heart!

The girls, of course, hankered for the beach. We took them to Coronado Island and La Jolla (above). They had so much fun! Just behind them, you can see a seal playing and splashing his flippers. How cool is that?!

Well, it's Friday and time for Unity's "Friends with Flair" - unfortunately, this was a bit of a rush job, since we were away and then cooking all day yesterday. I just purchased (this morning!) Carta Bella's "Devoted" paper (6x6 pad) for $2.50 at the local scrapbooking store. It was a good deal - although of course I don't need any more paper - so I thought I better start using it right away! I absolutely adore this stamp set (Out of This World) and thought it would go well with the paper.


The sketch is from Unity DT member Lisa Arana's blog - a simple but very classy card sketch. If you're looking for a challenge, you can join in the fun (entries due by December 13, 2013)!.

How many of you braved the crowds this morning and went shopping? Hubby bought me a new camera for Christmas, but we're still debating whether or not it's "the one", so it remains unopened. I used to love my little Canon Powershot SD750, but it's several years old now and lately, I've been pretty unhappy with the quality of pictures. I've been openly coveting my neighbor's Canon Rebel T3i and it was on sale at Target today. We'll have to decide within a few weeks, obviously. What to do, what to do...

Hope you all enjoy the rest of your holiday weekend! Thank you for visiting and don't forget to visit Unity on Monday for their Cyber Monday sale! I'm sure it's going to be awesome! :)

13 comments:

  1. Awww, you look so good as a family :)
    Nice card too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like you had a good time! It's nice to get away. Your card is cute!
    I too am looking for a decent Camera. A sil has the Canon Rebel T3 and she loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to get away! We all need to do something fun sometimes! And what a cute card. I love the stamp you used!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It looks like a great get away. I kayaked in San Diego once, and a seal joined me on the front of my boat. Once I got over my fear of being flipped, it was one of the best experiences of my life! Unfortunately, I was so busy balancing, I couldn't reach the camera. Love your card. I haven't seen that stamp, but it's adorable.

    I have a Nikon DSLR that I absolutely love. Shoot me an email if you're wondering about Nikons at all. julieodil at charter dot net

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that you shared your trip and family pic! What fun! Your card is super adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a nice getaway! With family - the best. Your card is cute with the happy color. That stamp is too cute. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous photos and I love that area too. Great card....

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun card, Miwa. Sounds like a fun trip as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I adore San Diego and we love the Gas Lamp district the best. One of our top 'close by' getaways. Looks like you had a fabulous time!!!

    LOVE your card!!! Don't you just love bargain paper and I adore how you layered it. Perfectly fun image to feature on that panel. Thank you so much for being inspired by wanna sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've never been to San Diego. Love your photos! And your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you all had a great time on your mini vacation! And score on the Carta Bella paper! Your card is awesome! What a cute image!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How can you not buy a pretty paper pad at that price? ;) Such a great card, too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a fun vacation and a great card! Love that image!

    ReplyDelete