Friday, November 8, 2013

Mika Gets Down - Revisiting the 2005 Photos...

In the midst of all that craziness lately, I discovered that I am no longer on a design team - 2 Broke Girls Scrap has simply ceased to exist, so... now I have to decide whether or not to look around for another design team. Hmmm... does anyone know of any sketch design sites I should check out? Although, if I'm not on a design team, that gives me extra time to clean my crafting area... trust me, that task is seriously overdue!

Since the November sketch sheet was still sitting on my craft table, I decided to use 2 Broke Girls Sketch #28 - which I don't have an uploaded picture of, because the FB page no longer exists - this makes me so sad! - but this was my take on it! Hard to believe that this was almost eight years ago!
 
Patterned paper (Authentique), word stickers (Authentique), chipboard accents (UmWowStudio), stamps (Unity Stamp Co),
alphabet stickers (Making Memories), distress ink (Tim Holtz- Festive Berries & Walnut Stain), crackle paint (Tim Holtz - Rock Candy),
black ink (Memories, Inc), markers (Spectrum Noir and American Crafts), pink twine (The Twinery)

I'm submitting this layout for Unity Stamp Co's "Friends with Flair" AND for a unique combined challenge at UmWowStudio's blog - they partnered up with Authentique! In case you haven't tried UmWowStudio chipboard, you should! You can check out her store here. You can also post your own entry for the Authentique/UmWowStudio challenge here - AND you can get a promo code for 15% off to use at UmWowStudio. How awesome is that?! Cropchocolate.com fans, you probably have lots of both company's products to use!

As always, don't forget to check out Unity's latest sale - they have an adorable new line of funny stamps (on sale this week for only $1!). My favorite one of the bunch? "Holy Shiitake!" LOVE IT! For the layout above, I used the stamps Memories and Life Documented Banner {Simple Stories}. By the way, all Itty-Bitty stamp sets are 50% off this weekend, if you use the promo code BUCK50. What a great deal!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend! Thank you for stopping by! :)

12 comments:

  1. What a great use of stamps to showcase this little strip of attitude and dancing, fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol, this is such a cute layout. Someone is looking quite sassy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mika looks so adorable, and she obviously enjoyed herself. Love the banner and how everything works together. Great layout, Miwa!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great layout, i love that banner!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Super-cute layout. You can just see the attitude here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute, Miwa! What?!? Another DT bites the dust? What's the story there? Hmmm. Right now I could use the break -- and the chance to clean my scrap room. I can barely even FIND it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable photos and layout! Sorry to hear about the DT gig. I'm looking around to see if I want to apply again. I do miss it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a little cutie! I hope you find another DT!

    ReplyDelete