Thursday, March 21, 2013

You Bring Me Sunshine


 
Cardstock [Bazzill, EP (Summer Days)], kraft paper (Carte Bella), ribbon [Fancy Pants (To the Moon, Beach Babe, It's Your Day), Making Memories (Lovestruck)], Tim Holtz distress ink (Walnut Stain), rhinestones (MME Dear Santa), adhesive (Snake Tape), sentiment (Unity Stamp Co)

Challenge #54 at Cropchocolate.com was to use 4-5 different colors of ribbon on a project. I was inspired to use ribbon as sunrays while surveying my (ever growing) collection of stamps from Unity. I'm always calling Mika & Marika my little rays of sunshine, so one of them will get this card soon. :)

This will also be submitted to Unity's Friends with Flair - I love seeing all the inspiration people share!

Hope you all have a great weekend! We'll be spending most of ours watching the girls play softball and soccer. At least the weather will be nice - we're expecting 80's! Woohoo!

22 comments:

  1. Miwa, the contest closed on CC before I had a chance to comment on this! So glad to see this on FWF so I can tell you how much I like it! I love those festive ribbons you used to make you sun. And that heart trim is so sweet. I just love this card! I do wish, though, you'd quit talking about your weather! We still have 2 feet or more of snow that needs to melt before it's spring here. We started the day at zero and have warmed aaaallllll the way up to 26 degrees. Woohoo for Wisconsin!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Julie, I am actually kind of jealous of YOUR weather! My kids have gotten to play in snow only... twice? on vacations to the mountains. It's snowed here ONCE, about 8 years ago - one kid frolicked and the other one wailed inconsolably (yeah, those were great pictures) - and then it all melted within 10 minutes of full-on sun (and killed my avocado tree & bougainvillea plants). *sigh* I also miss wearing my heeled boots (to be taller!). I spent 4 years back east in western Massachusetts but now... I'm just a California softie now. You - you're a tough cookie who gets to experience tough winter sports! :)

      Delete
  2. very cute ho happy day fill with sunshine and love.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like Julie, I'm sighing as I read your comment about 80 degree weather. It's about this time of year that winter begins to feel very long and drawn out! :) Spring will come before we know it, but sometimes I'd love to push a fast forward button!!
    Your ribbon embellished sun is so very creative! This is such a bright, cheerful card! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a clever idea with the ribbon "rays"! We just had a winter storm that closed everything and dumped about 8" on snow on us -- thinking of you enjoying that sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See, you snow people have such pretty views! And when you're snowed in, well... then you have more time to craft because you can't go outside & the kids don't have sports practices... ;) Drive safely!

      Delete
  5. Miwa, love how your made your ribbons the rays of the sun! Very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, wow. What a great way to make a sun. The colorful banners make it unique. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh this is so fun! ribbons as the rays? WOW! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great way to use up bits of ribbon for the sunrays! Very creative.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love all the sunshine I can get, these days! This is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE the gorgeous sun with the ribbon trims. What a fabulous idea!! It's a card that will bring smiles to the recipient. Wonderful job!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Miwa thatvis such a beautiful card I love that sun

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a cute card!! The ribbons are fabulous as sun rays.
    I just wish our weather would calm down 70, 50, 65, 50. I'm ready for 70s all the way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love this sun. The ribbons are great for rays!! I would love some warmer weather.even 60s :) soon enough the snow will be gone. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cool! Love how you used the ribbons for sunbeams!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Just adorable! And cold with no snow here in MN. Not much fun at all....no extra crafting time!

    ReplyDelete
  16. CUTE card! I really like the ribbon rays.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love this! The ribbon rays are so clever!

    ReplyDelete