At the very last minute, I am squeezing in an entry for Seize the Birthday Challenge #8 (masculine birthday card). Above is their sketch and below is my take on it...
Patterned papers: Echo Park (Happy Days "Little Flowers"), cardstock (EP Wintertime "Pine Green" and Little Boy "Strawberry"), Tim Holtz distress inks (walnut stain, festive berries, tumbled glass), rub-ons (AC Celebration), stamps (Unity Stamp Co) and markers (Spectrum Noir)
I'm also submitting this for my CC Weekly Challenge #52 (make a celebration card) and for Unity Stamp Co's Monthly Inspiration challenge (for their color challenge) for February. Here's Unity's inspiration below...
I've never used this color combination before... it was... interesting... but what I did learn this week was - having the right kind of cardstock really does matter for the coloring. I finally picked up a packet of 80 lb cardstock (Crafter's Companion) at my LSS and tried it out. Wonderful! I was so much happier with the results. Yes, I'm still being primitive and doing simple coloring... I'll have to get up the guts to start trying to shade next... :)


fun sentiment! thanks for playing seize the birthday!
ReplyDeleteI'm in total agreement with that sentiment! Your card is so fun and cute. Love that little sucker too! Adorable!
ReplyDeleteThanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Lynn
Great sentiment..haha. Great card and super fun. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday this week.
ReplyDeletei always smile when I see this stamp used. what a fun take on the Unity challenge...very sweet and adorable card!
ReplyDeleteOne of my favorite stamps!! I LOVE how you used it!!!
ReplyDeleteso cute! love that lolli! thanks for playing along.
ReplyDeleteYour card made me laugh out loud! Love it!
ReplyDelete