Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Pinterest and recipes

I admit it - I'm still in love with Pinterest! Not only can you find some really interesting things, but for a list-maker like myself, I love that I can "pin" it and easily find it later. Voila! An instant way for me to keep track of recipes I want to try!


This past weekend, I made some cioppino - we'e always wanted to make it but the "shove" finally came when I found a convenient package of mixed seafood at Fresh & Easy. LOVE that store! It turnd out "okay"for a first-time dish, since I had to modify things a lot, due to the availability of ingredients in the house and the fact that the F&E package came with a broth. In a nutshell, it was tasty but too salty - and no, it probably didn't help matters that the family came to the dinner table LATE, so things probably cooked longer than they should have... *sigh*...


With the cioppino, I made a new salmon dish: Miso Salmon with Orange and Fennel. I didn't have any fennel, so I substitute it with dried basil and fresh cilantro. It was quite tasty! The creator of this recipe is Jaden Hair, owner of the www.steamykitchen.com blog - she is GOOD!


The girls had a fun weekend - one of Mika's teammates had a birthday party with a water slide. For some reason, they all decided it was better to bounce down it. There's Marika, bopping along...



And on Sunday, Mika's all star team had yet another tournament but a "friendly" one. They won both games decisively with scores of 13-4 and 12-6. These are the same two teams they'll play this coming week at our local tournament. Mika is still batting over 0.500 and whacked one out to outfield this past outing. Maybe if we get some meat onto her skinny little arms, she can hit it farther...

No comments:

Post a Comment