Today is just one of those days... when you wake up at 5 am to go running and find out that it's still pitch-black (it usually isn't at this time of year) and the ground is wet. You know you want to return to play soccer in top shape (well, in as good shape as possible, considering a less-than-perfect knee), so every day of running counts towards the overall goal. You get your butt out there, only to have the rain start pouring down on you within 5 minutes. "Hey," you think, "this isn't that bad - at least I'm not hot!" But yeah, it is that bad - your shirt gets so drenched that it gets more and more twisted as you run and there's so much water in your eyes, you feel like you're in a swimming pool. But still, you perservere... only passing one other lunatic out there, running like you are. On the bright side, you don't miss your workout for the day! So, I had to chuckle when I found this Murphy's List for runners on pinterest this morning. :)
Mika has a tournament in Indio this week but unlike almost everyone else on the team, we opted to drive back and forth each day, rather than staying over. The thought of packing and staying in a hot and humid area did not appeal to me at all! The drive yesterday was fine... rather relaxing. The team won 16-4 but it wasn't a very exciting game, except for the homers that some of the girls hit. Mika was in right field for the entire game - I'm not sure why. Either he's rotating the girls in (finally) to give them a shot at infield, or he's punishing Mika for missing practice for being on vacation. I don't know, but I could tell her heart wasn't in the game and she was bored silly. Hopefully today's game will be more exciting - they're playing the team that beat them two weeks ago, for the championship in Soboba...

No comments:
Post a Comment