Today was the day Mika's fund-raising products came in. Inside our box was Mika's "prize" - a pair of "funny glasses". The girls chortled quite a bit when they saw themselves wearing them... what a bunch of goofballs!And speaking of fun, Daddy Dude's baseball team played their first playoff game on Sunday - soundly whipping the third place team (his team was in second place). Next Sunday is the championship game for first place!!! And then... the next season begins.
I'm kind of bummed, because the girls and I will probably miss the game, since I'm playing soccer at the same time. When Daddy Dude doesn't come to the games, I end up playing soccer while frequently glancing at the sidelines to see what the girls are up to (every once in awhile, I have to holler, "WHAT ARE YOU DOING?! STOP THAT!" but for 99% of the time, they are great). They have a lot of fun, because another player has two girls that are close to their ages and they play together very nicely.
We won last Sunday (yay!) but it was a close game. That same referee who threatened to throw me out the first game officiated our game again, which made me very nervous. He didn't call a foul when somebody whacked me over (one second I was running down the field with the ball and the next thing I knew, I was flying through the air). He later came up to me and admitted that he botched the call. I've NEVER heard of a referee admitting to a mistake. WOW. I was floored. How could I resent him after that? =)
No comments:
Post a Comment