Monday, October 26, 2009

Snow White and Her Lady(bug) in Waiting

And finally, the Halloween costume reveal... (drumroll, please!)...


I was quite pleased with how the Snow White costume turned out and thankfully, Marika wanted to be a ladybug again (whew!) but we did find a cute ladybug mask at the dollar store.

We took these pictures right before we took them to the Fall Fling at Marika's preschool last Friday evening. The girls had a great time playing games there, eating cookies and cupcakes, and doing a little bit of crafting (which is where I did my work shift).

On the following evening, we went to a Halloween party sponsored by the CHP (one of my soccer teammates is a CHP officer). The girls had a REALLY good time here - they had the most amazing balloon animal maker, a fabulous face-painter, along with a train ride and crafts. We were still stuffed from dinner so the girls didn't eat too many sweets (just a cookie). Oh, and much to the girls' delight, they were allowed to go into the bouncy house (so now you see why I took pictures yesterday!) and bounce away to their hearts' delight!

Sunday was game day, where we were crushed by the other team. It's really discouraging when practically half your team doesn't show up. I ended up playing fullback for almost the entire time - if you know me, that's NOT my regular position (by a long shot). Depressingly, I was running around for almost the entire duration of the game still. *sigh* And somehow, I still didn't feel like I got a good workout!

In other ladybug news... after a tense few days, our one and only sole survivor FINALLY pupated on Friday. This process took about 24 hours (during which time, I was convinced that it must be dying). We were lucky enough to catch the tanning process (when the pupa goes from being whitish to its colored glory) and any day now, we're anxiously awaiting the emergence of an adult.

I tell you, this was a labor of love. I can't tell you how many aphids and ladybugs we went through for this one ladybug. I really need to find an artificial ladybug diet!

Supplies: patterned paper (Cosmo Cricket), cardstock (Bazzill), journaling card and diecut label (Cosmo Cricket), felt embellishments (Jolees), scalloped border and circle cutter (Fiskars)

And last but not least, I finally finished up a ladyout from last week. This is based on a Becky Higgins sketch.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Miwa! Long time, no see! :)
    The girls costumes are fantastic and I love that layout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amy? From LC DT? So great to hear from you! Did you open your own Etsy store? If you do, send me the link and I'll post it here!

    ReplyDelete