Thursday, October 29, 2009

Even Ladybugs Get Tired...

On some days, it's a lot of work to be four years old. In the morning, she ran three laps at Joggers' Club before it was time for preschool.

Once she arrived at school, she decided to wear her costume after all. This was a particularly good decision (in my opinion) because it was actually quite chilly today. It was a little tough, but she squeezed into her seat and went to work.

The last hour of class today was their Harvest Festival celebration. We room moms (there are 3 of us) planned for a two-part celebration - snacks and crafts. Instead of the usual "decorate your own cupcake", Sammi's mom thought it would be a great idea for the kids to make their own "dirt and worms". As an additional touch, I bought some "Mentone Rocks" from the local farmer's store up the street. They look pretty realistic (it's the blue rock above the red spoon) and taste pretty good, too!

Marika was the slowest kid to decorate her goody bag, because she likes to pile it on. She took so long that I finally had to tell her she could finish it at home. She scored big time with the goodies, though - the goody bags were so heavy that I heard one kid complain, "My bag is TOO HEAVY!" Fellow scrapbookers will recognize Quickutz diecuts and appreciate how much TV I must have watched while I rolled out the diecuts on my Cuttlebug... (the parents were more impressed than the children, though, I'm afraid).

Marika was still full of energy when it was time to go pick up Mika. She made Daddy Dude side-skip back and forth while they waited for the bell to ring... but after her afternoon snack, she collapsed on the sofa for a few hours. It was a hard day for her!

Supplies: patterned paper (Hot Off the Press), shaker embellishment* (Deluxe Designs), orange metal frame (Making Memories), diecuts (Quickutz), glitter (Stickles)

*a very bulky embellishment that resulted in a bumpy scan

I didn't have any alone time today, but this is my layout from Tuesday's session. Marika is a girl who just loves shiny shoes - the more bling, the better! She even runs in these at Joggers' Club! Once she sees "The Wizard of Oz", I'm sure she'll want a pair of ruby slippers, too...

No comments:

Post a Comment