Saturday, May 30, 2009

Play Ball!

Yesterday, a friend gave us her parents' tickets to the local minor league ball game. We hadn't gone since last year, so it was nice to go again.

As usual, the Bernie the mascot was in fine form. The girls just love to watch him dance and entertain the crowds.

For the girls, eating cotton candy is the best thing about going to the ball games! It looks like blue cotton candy tastes better than the pink stuff, although I don't know why. The air was rather humid, I think, so the threads of sugar began to crystallize very quickly.

And why did I take this picture? Growing up, there was a period of time during which I was a HUGE St. Louis Cardinal baseball fan. The batter is Scott Van Slyke, who is the son of Andy Van Slyke (former St. Louis cardinal outfielder). For those of you who aren't familiar with this Van Slyke (*gasp*), you can read about him here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andy_Van_Slyke.
Isn't Google an amazing source of information?

Interestingly, there's another player on the team who also has a famous father - Don Mattingly! It's really neat to see that kids following their father's footsteps!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like everyone had a good time. Glad you could use the tickets.

    ReplyDelete