Friday, May 22, 2009

Grrrrrr!

Ahhhh, the nostalgia! We ate breakfast at the local Dunkin' Donuts - it brought back fond memories of my childhood, as well as my time on the East Coast...

Yesterday we went back to Disney's Animal Kingdom, since this was the one park the girls chose to return to. We discovered we had completely missed Rafiki's Planet Watch the first time (it was raining, we got distracted!) and so, we spent a good deal of time there. The girls had fun petting animals and checking out the conservation area. I was thrilled to hear some cicadas singing in the trees - I haven't heard them in decades!

We did catch a few characters that we had missed before - King Luey with Baloo and here, Marika met with Terk. Where was Mika, you ask? She was too afraid to go up to him. Who knows why? Remember, she's afraid of the Man with the Yellow Hat, too...

The real reason the girls wanted to return to this park was to see the shows. They absolutely LOVED Lion King (I was having fun experimenting with the high ISO setting on our camera here) and Finding Nemo.

And last but not least, we finally saw our FIRST parade ever. I kid you not! The girls had a great time waving at everybody and shrieking when recognizable characters came into view.

No comments:

Post a Comment